As of Thursday 26 March, the Government has approved more than $1.5 billion in payments for wage subsidies, across more than 72,000 applications. There is no longer a cap on the subsidies, meaning larger employers can also access the support. The subsidy applies to all New Zealand employers, contractors, sole traders, self-employed people, registered charities and incorporated societies.
At CEDA, we’re seeing and hearing a lot of businesses struggling to access the right information, or overwhelmed with the level of information out there.
To help you navigate some of the resources and types of support available to you, we’ve summarised the key facts you need to know as an employer, with a Question and Answer section to outline the Wage Subsidy, Tax Relief and Cash Flow and Redundancies. You can read more here.
Need more help? Get in touch!
The CEDA team are here to support our business community, and are working alongside our partners in central and local government, and agencies such as New Zealand Trade and Enterprise, MBIE, Tourism New Zealand, Education New Zealand, Immigration New Zealand and more. This ensures we can bring you the most up to date information and resource and can connect you to where you need.
If you’ve got questions, need support or advice, then please get in touch with us today.
Some of the ways we can help include:
- Connecting you to professional service providers to assist you with the issues that you are facing e.g. cash flow management, business continuity management
- Provide you with relevant and up to date information on how and where to access Government support including navigating the Wage Subsidy Scheme, and the recently announced Business Finance Guarantee Scheme
- Assist Māori businesses on Government support available
- Provide you with an experienced Business Mentor to provide additional guidance over the next 12 months. Business Mentors come with specific skills and are matched depending on your needs
- Facilitate funding for Research and Development including project grants