Why work for CEDA?
The Central Economic Development Agency (CEDA) is a great place to work if you are a dynamic individual who thrives on a challenge and loves working as part of a busy and diverse team. Our team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and we’re all passionate about the growth and development of our region.
CEDA is a team of thinkers, enablers, connectors and doers, who are serious about delivering great outcomes and thrive on a challenge. We are a passionate group of people with expertise in marketing, communications, events, and business attraction, retention and development. Collectively, we are leading the economic development of the region we call home.
CEDA has an open and friendly culture, and although small, our team achieves great things by collaborating and supporting one another. CEDA will support you to be the best you can be, encourage your creativity and radical thinking, and will surround you with passionate people all aiming to achieve amazing things for the region. What are you waiting for?
Business Growth Advisor
As one of CEDA’s Business Growth Advisors you will support regional economic development through the support of businesses and key sectors, to enable business growth, jobs and opportunities to be secured in our region.
The Economic Development Team are tasked with delivering great outcomes for businesses in the wider Horizons region. As a Business Growth Advisor, you will manage a portfolio of businesses, provide sector leadership, and you will have the opportunity to understand where those businesses are now and where they want to be in the future. You will add value by connecting them with the tools/resources/expertise to knock down the barriers to getting there.
What we are looking for in you:
- Business Experience; you will have been in business or worked with businesses, as you need to give robust advice based on genuine understanding.
- Motivation; this is a role where you can make a difference if you get out and do it! At times businesses don’t know what they need your or the tools/support you have on offer – so engaging with them and providing tailored advice will be key.
- Connectivity; The CEDA team is in Palmerston North and live, work and play in their local communities – your existing connections through the wider Horizons region will help you to hit the ground running.
- Engagement; you will be someone that engages with your audience – empathy, respect and trust will be in your DNA.
- Consultation; as Business Growth Advisor no two clients will be the same, so you will need to be fluent at quickly building rapport, understating and their wants and drive down to their core needs – yes this means you will ask tough questions, while earning your clients’ confidence and trust.
- Credibility; this will most likely come from your previous business ownership/management experiences.
This is an opportunity to achieve amazing things for regional businesses. If you have the above experience and are passionate about the Manawatu and all it has to offer then apply here! Applications will be managed by Robyn Bills from Palmerston North Personnel.
Marketing and Communications Manager
As a member of the executive team reporting to the CEO, this new role based in Palmerston North will lead a high performing team to develop and implement the regional strategies for marketing, and communications. Collaboration and strong stakeholder relationships are key to success, in order to ignite the transformation required to create a long term sustainable and thriving economy. Working closely with the CEO and management team, this role will also focus on further developing the culture of this relatively new organisation. This senior position has high public visibility affording the responsibilities of public and community leadership.
We seek an experienced marketing/communications leader with senior management experience along with demonstrated strategic and team building skills. Candidates will be inspirational leaders with high EQ, along with a passion required to take this organisation forward. You will be a natural networker with a proactive, enthusiastic and energetic approach, excellent influencing skills and a track record in building enduring and effective partnerships with key stakeholders. This is a unique opportunity to work for an organisation with an inspiring vision and values and to be involved in an exciting new era of growth in the Manawatu.
To apply for this exciting role, email your Cover Letter and CV to Jacqui Middleton.