There are a range of support options put in place by the Government to help your business navigate the impacts of COVID-19.
The Government has announced that a wage subsidy will be available to businesses impacted by New Zealand moving to COVID-19 Alert Level 4 on 17 August 2021.
It will be available to all New Zealand businesses and self-employed people that meet eligibility criteria. Applications will be open from 9am on Friday 20 August 2021 for two weeks.
Once COVID-19 Alert Level 4 has been in place for seven days, businesses and self-employed people across New Zealand are eligible to access the wage subsidy if they meet the set criteria. If you or your business is in COVID-19 Alert Level 4 for three days, but Auckland remains in Level 4 for seven days, you can apply to access this government support if you can show that the August 2021 COVID-19 Alert level rise caused a significant drop in revenue.
The Resurgence Support Payment (RSP) is a payment to help support viable and ongoing businesses or organisations due to a COVID-19 alert level increase to level 2 or higher. If your business or organisation is facing a reduction in revenue due to an alert level increase, you may be eligible for the RSP – more information can be found here.
Other support available for businesses and organisations:
Financial Support Tool
View the Government’s COVID-19 financial support tool to find out what support is available to you and your business.
Struggling due to the impact of COVID-19? Call the Free Government Helpline.
Receive specific advice, access to government support and clarification on what the Alert Level means for your business.
CEDA’s team are here to support you and help answer any questions you may have.
We recognise that the level of information is significant, and rapidly changing each day. Get in touch so we can help guide you through the different supports available to you and connect you with the resources you need.
Our dedicated team of Business Growth Advisors can connect you to the right information and resources to assist you in navigating this unprecedented time for your business. Ways we can help include:
- Connecting you to professional service providers to assist you with the issues that you are facing e.g. cash flow management, business continuity management.
- Provide you with relevant and up to date information on how and where to access Government support.
- Assist Māori businesses on Government support available.
- Provide you with an experienced Business Mentor to provide additional guidance over the next 12 months. Business Mentors come with specific skills and are matched depending on your needs.
- Facilitate funding for Research and Development including project grants.
Contact CEDA on 06 350 1830 or [email protected]