Regional Agritourism Accelerator comes to Manawatū
CEDA are thrilled to bring the Regional Agritourism Accelerator to Manawatū! This new initiative is a 6-month programme designed to help farmers and existing agritourism businesses identify opportunities on their farm, develop and grow their agritourism business to diversify farm income, attract visitors to their region and build connected rural communities.
Full day workshop date: Monday 8th May from 9am – 4pm (Venue TBC)
Monthly Webinars: from June through to October
Cost: The cost per participant is $350, however CEDA will subsidize one participant per business, reducing the cost to $150
Who is it for?
- Farmers who are interested in setting up a tourism venture on their farm (agriculture, horticulture, vineyards etc.)
- People who may already have (for example) a cottage on their farm and want to grow their business and income.
- Operators who could partner with agritourism operators in developing a tourism product/package on someone else’s farm.
What will you get out of it?
- Your registration covers a full day workshop with lunch and refreshments
- Five follow up webinars across five months
- Workbooks to keep and a certificate on completion of the Accelerator
- New connections and contacts and the opportunity to join an agritourism cluster
- New knowledge, skills and ideas to bring your idea to fruition or enhance your existing offering
- A free one-year listing on agritourism.nz
- Access to the private Facebook group for agritourism businesses
Participants will come away with a greater understanding of opportunities in agritourism, what’s involved in running a successful agritourism business, what could work on their farm, and a broad plan of how to achieve it. It’ll also be a great opportunity for operators to network, form a regional cluster and be part of a growing agritourism community that can connect, grow, increase revenue streams and deliver great experiences for visitors.